Internship at SirPlus - The Food Outlet in Berlin
We are a dynamic and experienced team with big plans for our Impact Startup. Our goal is to revolutionize the way we think about food by creating innovative solutions to reduce the massive food waste that occurs along the entire value chain. At the first “Food Outlet Shop” in Berlin, we will begin selling quality, low-priced food that would otherwise go to waste. At the same time, we are expanding our warehouse in order to save larger quantities of food and working to provide same-day delivery of boxes of rescued food. In addition to this, 1200 rescue boxes have already been pre-ordered through our ongoing Crowdfunding campaign. We will also be delivering salvaged food to other start-ups, offices, small businesses, producers, and restaurants.
We want to raise awareness and create a greater appreciation of all food by making food saving mainstream and thereby establishing SirPlus as a brand. In order to do this, we need motivated and talented interns like you!
- Support the company’s founding team and work in close cooperation on a wide range of operational tasks, gaining significant experience and opportunities for personal growth and development
- Help with the construction and operation of infrastructure (Warehouse, shop, commissioning, possible excursions, etc.)
- Search for and make contacts with potential partners, services, and product providers
- Brainstorm, design, and optimize processes and procedures
- Create and upload content for our website about food waste, desirably translated in both English and German
- Take on administrative tasks and the merchandise management system
- Help in the warehouse and in the commissioning/picking of food
- Support in the store (Sales, administration, merchandise management, etc.)
- Assistance when needed for pickup and delivery of food with the refrigerated van (no truck driving license required, but experience in driving small vans is advantageous)
- Support wherever help is needed
- Ecological awareness and an active desire to change the world
- Minimum of 3 days per week for a minimum of 20 weeks
- Detailed, reliable, and a team player with creativity
- First professional experience is acceptable, although some retail or e-commerce experience is advantageous
- Good knowledge of German, basic knowledge of English, Arabic, Turkish or other languages
- Ability to work independently with a positive and good work ethic
- Proactive and independent operation
- Personal motivation to engage in a dynamic and challenging startup environment
- Driving license, truck driving license, and enjoyment driving is advantageous but not required
Start immediately! The internship is unpaid for a maximum of 3 months and a minimum of 2 months. If the chemistry is right after a successful internship, and if all are satisfied, there are possibilities of gaining a mini-job, paid internship, or a permanent position.
You should be concerned about the appreciation of food and sustainability. Trust among the team and a shared passion is the foundation for good cooperation and success in the implementation of our ambitious concept.
What We Offer You
With SirPlus, you can gain valuable experience, learn a lot, and have the opportunity to actively participate in our new concept, which will change society. Together, we want to make a big difference by implementing an impact venture with a clearly defined business model to massively reduce food waste and raise awareness of the value of all foods!
We are an innovative, international, and well-networked team. We have a successful mixture of social entrepreneurs with 13 years of concentrated expertise in food waste, along with an experienced serial entrepreneur and company builder who is the expert for marketplaces and scaling of our business. Our first employee, Katharina, is at the forefront with her expert support and hard work in our operational and financial planning. In addition, we have several interns who contribute to the implementation of our ideas in various tasks.
Do you want to change the world together with us? Then apply now by email to Raphael Fellmer: email@example.com